Oct 05 , 2021
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Do you continually wake up at night? Insomnia affects 40% of the population and has become one of the great problems of public health today. But ... why is it? This problem is linked to stress, anxiety, unbalanced eating and bad habits that we have in our daily routine.
Inadequate rest can affect your vitality causing physical and mental discomfort. Therefore, it is important to identify the symptoms in order to treat them correctly. No counting sheep or tossing and turning, we share 5 tips to improve your relationship with sleep and live more fully.
1. Relax. If you try to sleep for more than half an hour and you don't succeed, it is recommended that you leave the bedroom and do a calming activity such as reading, meditating, listening to calm music or taking a bathtub.
2. Control your diet and stay active. Healthy habits are important at bedtime. Avoid caffeine and alcohol as they are stimulants that reduce the quality and depth of sleep. Also, it is useful to exercise at least three times a week for half an hour to have a more pleasant rest.
3. Avoid technology. Do not use bright screens (televisions, tablets, computers and / or cell phones) during the hour before bed as they over stimulate you. The lights from the devices "confuse" the brain and keep it active.
4. Improve the environment around you. A good mattress is not the only important thing when it comes to enjoying your rest. It is essential to choose a good pillow (according to your age and needs), suitable sheets and blankets. The colors of the bedroom are also key since they influence our body and our emotions: the light tones and the range of blues are suitable since they benefit rest and give a feeling of well-being. In turn, temperature is essential: the cooler the environment, the better you will sleep.
5. Consult a professional. If all other options fail, it may be necessary to consult a professional. Treatment can help you locate what is keeping you from sleeping and treat it so you can overcome it. You will be able to identify negative thoughts and stressors that prevent you from sleeping. Then, you will move forward generating new healthy habits to achieve sleep and improve its quality.
Not resting properly at night affects your concentration and productivity on a day-to-day basis. Therefore, implementing these 5 tips will help you make friends with the pillow to sleep the necessary hours, perform at your best and have a pleasant day.
At Parapaharmacy Get It Now we are here to help you, visit our section –PHYTOTHERAPY- and you will find the ideal product for you, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to write to us through our instant messaging channels WhatsApp or Telegram and we will gladly guide you to choose the product ideal that suits your needs